Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

Trying to find something that shows the steps to replace the

Customer Question

trying to find something that shows the steps to replace the sunroof guide kit
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 05 tahoe
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: customer gave me all the parts, just trying to figure out how to remove the old parts, looked but not obvious
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: glass is out already
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

let me see what i have on it be right back ,give few minutes

thanks

Chad

SUNROOF CONNECTING LINK REPLACEMENT REMOVAL PROCEDURE The connecting link and other parts to complete this procedure are included in the sunroof guide kit. 1. Remove the sunroof window. 2. Remove the sunroof module from the vehicle. 3. Remove the roof drain channel.

4. Move the glass attachment to the forward position. If necessary, use the sunroof motor manual override (1).

5. Remove the pin guide screw (1) and the pin guide (2).

6. Remove the push nuts (1) and guide plate (2).

7. Remove the water channel guide (1) by pushing the water channel guide out of the rear of the track.

8. Move the lift mechanism (1) off to the side to disengage. Reposition the mechanism rearward using manual override.

9. Remove the system stopper (1) using a small flat-bladed tool.

Zoom and Print Options

10. Remove the connecting link (1) by lifting outward on the end in order to remove the link from the track.

sunroof diagrams

Please let me know ,if that is what you looking for

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician