Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Intalling brake controller on 2008 Silverado. I cant find

Customer Question

Intalling brake controller on 2008 Silverado. I cant find the Brake control wire under hood, but I can find the 12V. Can the brake control wire already be installed. Im first owner and have never had it installed. So, no one prior could have done it.
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: read comment
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thx
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a tow package and the 7 pin on the bumper is already hooked up, came like that from factory.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a brake controller and I am installing one. My only problem is finding the brake control wire under hood. I think its already installed but need clarification.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

You should find 4 blunt cut wires together.

1. white ground
  2. light blue/white brake input signal
  3. red/black power
  4. dark blue brake wire to the trailer connector

The wire diagrams show these wires on the left frame rail where the cab and bed meet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/bluntcut.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You didn't answer my question.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm referring to the 2 red wires typically found near fuse (1) and brake boost (2) the first red wire USB the brake control wire and the 2nd is the 12v wire.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is under the hood. The 4 blunt wires you speak of are found under my dash not the hood.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Here is a diagram of your trailer brake wiring on the vehicle. Which 2 red wires are you referring to?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/trailerbrake.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
See image. Brake control wire.

Can I get your vin#?

Your wanting all the wires to connect to an aftermarket trailer brake controller, correct?

You need power, ground, brake signal in and brake signal out, correct?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris