Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Intalling brake controller on 2008 Silverado. I cant find

Customer Question

Intalling brake controller on 2008 Silverado. I cant find the Brake control wire under hood, but I can find the 12V. Can the brake control wire already be installed. Im first owner and have never had it installed. So, no one prior could have done it.
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: read comment
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thx
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have a tow package and the 7 pin on the bumper is already hooked up, came like that from factory.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I don't have a brake controller and I am installing one. My only problem is finding the brake control wire under hood. I think its already installed but need clarification.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 23 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

You should find 4 blunt cut wires together.

1. white ground
  2. light blue/white brake input signal
  3. red/black power
  4. dark blue brake wire to the trailer connector

The wire diagrams show these wires on the left frame rail where the cab and bed meet.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
You didn't answer my question.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'm referring to the 2 red wires typically found near fuse (1) and brake boost (2) the first red wire USB the brake control wire and the 2nd is the 12v wire.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
This is under the hood. The 4 blunt wires you speak of are found under my dash not the hood.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Here is a diagram of your trailer brake wiring on the vehicle. Which 2 red wires are you referring to?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
See image. Brake control wire.

Can I get your vin#?

Your wanting all the wires to connect to an aftermarket trailer brake controller, correct?

You need power, ground, brake signal in and brake signal out, correct?

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris