Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

The engine show that it's low on coolant but I check the

Customer Question

the engine show that it's low on coolant but I check the overflow tank and it full
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no I don't
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: chevy hhr ss 2008
JA: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just broke it from a used car dealer on Monday pass and they looked it over, I told them about the problem and they tried to make me believe I put in to my coolant.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I saw the mechanic remove some of the fluid and they check it out and told me the proper level to fill the overflow tank and that was it. but the same problem all over again.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The common cause for the low coolant light to come on when the system is full is in most cases caused by a failing low coolant level sensor and in most cases the fix requires replacing the sensor. Since you just purchased this , I would return to the selling dealer and have them check the sensor and replace it as needed.