Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have an issue with my truck. I really need help with it..

Customer Question

Hi i have an issue with my truck. I really need help with it.. i have a 2011 chevy silverado 3500 duramax dually truck. And im hauling atrailer with it. While i was driving it i notice that there alittle knocking knoise coming from engine compartment. I thougth it could be a low oil level at first i had to drive it to nearest auto parts store to get an oil. While i was on my way there the knocking knoise started to get lauder and the oil pressure droped to 30 from 60 then i suddunly pulled over. I check the dip stick an i notice that the oil level is low. So i called one of my friend to get me some oil .so i added 6 quarts of diesel oil then i ve started the engine but the sound is still same still lauder..pls help me asap with this problem..
Tnk you...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

from the sounds f this the engine to have 6 quarts of oil added to it was low enough to cause a low oil pressure or oil starvation situation which caused a failure of a lower end crank bearing and or a valve train failure

with the oil full now and it still making the knocking sound i am sorry to say there is some internal engine damage done from the low oil and the engines oil pan needs to be removed to inspect the bearings next

but do not drive this truck as more damage can be done to it

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I ve added more oil but th knocking noise did not go away.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

dont forget to rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here