GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2000 cavalier 2.2 that seems to have some sort of

Customer Question

hey there I have a 2000 cavalier 2.2 that seems to have some sort of glitch in the fuel system, at random times it just wont start. something prevents the fuel pump from turning on. has power at the relay and usually I can disconnect the battery for a few mins and then it will start. but the last 2 times that didn't work. what could be the problem other than the ECM is going bad. I already replaced the pump and relay
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally? Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: it has 258000 miles and until recently I haven't had any problem at all
JA: Are you fixing your Cavalier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am, I replaced the pump first and then the relay, it has power to the relay but it isn't sending power to the pump. do I have a wiring issue?? if it sits for a day or so then it will start and do fine for a few days then all of a sudden you cut it off and when you get back in it wont start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

So your saying that the fuel pump relay is not getting grounded when this no start condition occurs?

Any codes in the computer?