Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

1989 Chevy pickup 1500. All heat/cold arrows are blinking.

Customer Question

1989 Chevy pickup 1500. All heat/cold arrows are blinking. Both actuators were just change, so that cant be the problem
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No leaks
JA: What is the model of your '89 Chevy?
Customer: Silverado
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed both actuators and the control unit
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Myself
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 27 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the light in the panel are flashing try resetting the system. To do this, disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds and then reconnect them and recheck the operation.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I already tried that solution. Now what?
Expert:  Ron replied 25 days ago.

Have you checked to see if you have constant power and ground that controller?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The controller does not look like power is a problem as the lights on the display area always on. As for grounding, isn't the unit grounded through the bracket harness?
Expert:  Ron replied 25 days ago.

Yes if your dash has a good ground. Was this a new control unit when you replaced it?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No, a used unit because my old one was having the same problem.
Expert:  Ron replied 25 days ago.

Well if you are sure you have power and ground to the control unit and the reset did not work then I would suspect the controller is defective.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
This actually the third unit since i though the second unit got had the same problem
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
But now that the third one had the same problem, the odds that all three having the same problem are now unlikely.
Expert:  Ron replied 25 days ago.

Well at this point I would recheck power and grounds and if your sure you have both the controller should work.

Expert:  Ron replied 25 days ago.

Since the light are flashing can you give me your AC systems pressure reading, with the system off what is the low side as well as the high side pressure readings?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I thought that could be a possibility a well, so i had the system recharged. But will check again.
Expert:  Ron replied 25 days ago.

Let check the static pressure reading, if the pressure are not correct the lights will flash as well. Post back with the pressure reading when you can and we can work from there.