Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

2000 chevy 2500hd5.7engine swap out a 99 5.7 in now anti

Customer Question

2000 chevy 2500hd5.7engine swap out a 99 5.7 in now anti theft activated and was told there were other relearns that neededto be done plus im getting no injector signal at the IM or coil plug i have it at the CSS plus i don't think I have all the ground and cant locate them online
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had fault codes checked to see what codes are set with this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I don't have a way to check for codes this is the first time I've ever put in an engine by myself . Being a lady and not knowing the first thing about engine swapping I think I did ok from using the internet and no machines . We live 45 miles from anything so I did it myself. I have a ground issue somewhere and there's not a signal to the icm or the coil but I checked the crank sensor and it has signal I've done the relearn for anti theft it didn't work so I m getting ready to put in a ohm resistor (but what size?)my resistance first read 6.3 then 2.3 and today 4.5
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Oh I do have 12v power going to all my sensors including com and coil
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Meant icm and coil
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

On the back of one or both of the cylinder heads should be ground wires,have you checked to see if these are attached?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Checking now but I have 2 green wires up by the thermostat not connect and don't know where they go I know one is a ground but I was told that there is suppose to be 3 wires up front (ground wires). One of these are a very important one but don't know which one. Which do I fix first the ant theft , my grounds or the signal to the injectors
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

I would focus on the grounds first.

Do these wires have eyelets on them?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
No eyelets . I have a ground going from battery to alternator,then from block to frame,then transmission to block , where is the distrubtor ground, pcm to what or where and what other ones am I missing
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Here is info I have located on ground locations for this model here.

G101 is located on the sheet metal at the right front wheel housing located on the hood in right rear of the engine compartment below the heater lines

G111 On the right rear side of the engine

Engine Compartment, Behind the right side battery.Right front of the engine compartment, at wheel housing On the radiator support, near the left side headlamp

Let me know if all of these grounds are in place and we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete