Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

04 z71 wipers work part time, Not fuse put new switch

Customer Question

04 z71 wipers work part time
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Not fuse put new switch blinker in didn't help we by pasted it but not sure how with toggle switch some time it works right then other times have to turn off with toggle
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: It is
JA: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?
Customer: Silverrodo
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanc friend helping
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When the wipers are not working, are they not working at all or just not working correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They would work and then they would just stop working and not start again I put a new switch and it didn't help so we bypass the switch but not sure where to now sometimes it works right but then it will not turn off so we turned it off with toggle switch
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Plus it goes to a slow mid speed and that's is the only speed it doesn't change when you move switch

When not working, confirm the yellow wire with the key on is powered at the wiper motor. Verify the black wire is grounded when they are not working. OHM test the gray, dark blue/white, and pink wires from the motor to the switch to confirm there is no resistance. If all of these tests pass then the wiper motor/module is to blame. If a wire diagram is needed, let me know.

.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok will try this weekend thanks will let you know

Your welcome

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't had time to check wiring

This post will be closed in 16 minutes. Sorry you were not pleased with my help.