Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have a 2006 2500 Chevy Durmaxs with 62,ooo miles. My

Customer Question

I have a 2006 2500 Chevy Durmaxs with 62,ooo miles. My problem is it has started using more fuel and also when sitting overnight sometime when I check the oil level the next morning it will be 2 1/2 to 3 inches over full. After cleaning off dipstick and rechecking oil level it's ok. I have had injectors check and all check out good. What do you think is causing these issues?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 28 days ago.

Hi there.

When you say you had injectors checked, does that mean balance rates were obtained and recorded? If so, can you upload those records so we can determine what's wrong?

On the other hand, if that hasn't been done (or the check was performed by an unqualified tech who did not use a Tech-II or equivalent scan tool), my suggestion is to get that done first as it will most likely reveal the cause of the leak.