GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Trying to find info on driver side door not keeping the

Customer Question

trying to find info on driver side door not keeping the interior lights on when open. also seem to have issue with all lights flickering. wondering if two are related.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: have not seen anything in it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004 tahoe
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not fixing myself unless super easy, but the shops I have taken it to aren't finding anything and I need to see if I can provide further to get them to fix it. as for the lights flickering, I have had the wire from the altenator to the main box replaced and tightened.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's about it.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 27 days ago.

when the drivers door is opened it will not recognize that door is open and will not turn on the lights when opened ?

at idle when the lights are flickering with a meter what is the voltage reading at the battery ?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
the door is recognized, but the lights turn off shortly after while the door is still open. I can wiggle the door and the lights come back on and will stay on until I close the door after that.I did not take the reading myself, but I have been told it fluctuates between 12.something and 13.something. Between 12 and 14.
Expert:  Gary replied 27 days ago.

can you narrow down what you wiggle to make the lights go back on ?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you for your assistance with this.As I said, I wiggle "the door".Is there anything you can offer that can help?
Expert:  Gary replied 26 days ago.

can you get it to act up and try to move the wiring in the door jam and will that change it at all ?

or pull up the door switch assembly and moving those wires will it change it at all ?