Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Got a good one, have a chevy 1998 Silverado 1500 with a 350.

Got a good one, have a chevy 1998 Silverado 1500 with a 350. We put a new ac delco fuel pump in this a year ago and now it will start only on a warm day. temperature outside has to be 60 degrees and the sun has to be down on engine with hood up. Its got me. Any suggestions. Yes I did put new spark plugs in it with new cap and rotor.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help, I forgot to tell you I also put a temperature sensor in this also.

We need to just figure out what the engine is missing to figure out where to look for the cause. I need you to get the vehicle in a place where it is a crank no start concern. At that time check for ignition spark occurring, injector pulse, and fuel pressure. Then try starting fluid and let me know if it will start. Also try full throttle starting. Let me know these results so we can narrow down the cause.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris