Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I put in a new fuel pump in my 96 impala ss and now my

Customer Question

I put in a new fuel pump in my 96 impala ss and now my injectors aren't pulsing at start up to run car
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I just replaced it because the original failed
JA: Are you fixing your Impala SS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had my mechanic put it in but he couldn't get it started after that. i have spark and proper fuel pressure and I installed a new computer with vats turned off. I'm thinking its a bad ground on the new fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fuel injectors and connections were tested and checked out ok. I checked all the fuses and they are good.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 27 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Was the new computer programmed, if not that can be to blame. Verify with the key on the injectors are powered on the pink wire. Verify good signal from the optical distributor is getting to the computer. No injector pulse normally means bad distributor or PCM.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 21 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris