Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Have a 2000 MontiCarlo acting up. Started out thinking the

Customer Question

Have a 2000 MontiCarlo acting up. Started out thinking the door was open when driving, but not. Since then off and on it will have all intrument panel reading and radio etc. Sometimes it started with this info then the info screens went blank, might come back on briefly, then go off again. MIght not start, then does. Last time was started ok,but no panel, stopped and started again, with no problem, drove across the street to the gas station and didn't start after paying for gas. That time noticed that the rear and front lights were flashing. In all cases when driving, car drives normally. (Note" Didn't have an ignition recall done that I have seen on line. What are other posibilities . I will have to take it to an unknown mechanic and would like to know what he might think is wrong going in.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

my name is Gary

from he sounds of this the odds are there is an ignition switch failure going on with it nut fully powering certain power legs off the switch

the recall will NOT replace the ignition switch the recall is juts changing the keys and maybe the tumbler out but NOT the ignition switch

the odds are replacing the ignition switch will correct this problem you are having

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here