BOBBYSS, Master Technician

My 2009 chevy traverse powersave mode and started turning

Customer Question

My 2009 chevy traverse powersave mode and started turning everything off as I was driving replaced the battery because it was bad but still will not start. Turns over but doesn't act like it wants to fire.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 30 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the security light is on or flashing when cranking the engine over?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No it is not on, the check engine light stays on, I've noticed
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
All the time
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 29 days ago.

Thank you. Most of the time when this occurs it is caused by a a failure in the programming in the body control module. This will cause these issues. I would try a hard reset before taking the vehicle for programming. Do this by removing the battery cables and touching them together. Hold them there for a few minutes and then install the positive cable followed by the negative cable. Also, were the battery cables crossed at any time?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I don't think so why,
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
You mean put on the battery backwards or just lines being crossed each other.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Can't just buy another bcm? Could the bcm keep it from starting?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Strange that the check engine light stays on even while its cranking over and there's no readable codes. Can't even clear it so to make the light go out.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 28 days ago.

Unfortunately you cannot just install a BCM as it will not communicate with the other modules if it is not programmed. And yes, it will keep the vehicle from starting. As for the battery cables, I ask because that can cause different fuses to blow and cause this.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Well what fuses would blow so I can check them? Before I take it to dealer. That didn't work by the way acted like it was going to but didn't.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 26 days ago.

In the fuse box under the hood there are a few fuses that are rated at 60 amps and 40 amps. These are the ones that you need to check. If you have a voltage meter I can also tell you how to test it.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Got it fixed