Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Need help replacing a seat belt buckle on a 2006/2007 Talon

Need help replacing a seat belt buckle on a 2006/2007 Carter Talon GSR150R2 Buggy. Someone rode it with the seat belt hanging out of the unit, and it got destroyed by the back tire. What's best and cheapest way to replace the part of seat belt with Press button?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You will have to replace the entire buckle or seat belt portion on your model that was damaged as an assembly to correct this here.Usually you can obtain a replacement generic that will fit this model from a local parts store.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue before rating my help here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Do you know of any sites that have these parts?

Is this the buckle or the seat belt itself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Just the plastic buckle with the red Press button.

Is there any way you can take a picture of this buckle assembly and upload it here at all so I can get a better idea of this buckle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Yes, will do. I'll get that to you soon. Thanks!

No problem.I will see what I can do to help once I get a picture.Can you also take a picture of the belt mounting area?

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Here are some pictures. Sorry for the delay!

This facility here may be the best way to locate a seat belt for your model here.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete