Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Do you know of any problems withe Chevy Spark cast aluminum

Customer Question

Do you know of any problems withe Chevy Spark cast aluminum engine/manefold in 2016 models? Do to uneven heating of the aluminum, engine. Thank you
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No we dont have one thinking of buying one and was advised that this could be a potential problem>
JA: What is the model of your '16 Chevy Spark?
Customer: The model is a 1LT manual.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are going to nuy it and was concerned about down the road that this concept might produce problems.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

There are no recalls, or TSBs for concerns with the 16 spark aluminum engine. Many vehicles are going to aluminum engines or engine components for weight, cost and how well it is working compared to cast iron. As long as the cooling system is maintained correct you should never have a engine failure due to the engine being aluminum.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris