Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

2002 venture power doors weren't working consistently.

Customer Question

2002 venture power doors weren't working consistently. Owner's manual referred to fuses 5, 27, and 29. It addressed only fuse 29. We did the tests it said to do and now we don't have any power doors at all. They only work manually. Did we do something wrong or is there some reprogramming to do? Thanks if you can help.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try this recalibration procedure below and let me know if it works.

The rear side door actuator control modules monitor the power sliding door positions at all times. Whenever the battery positive voltage supply to a rear side door actuator control module has been removed or the on-board diagnostics have been activated, the power sliding door system(s) must be re-initialized.
Re-initialize the right or left power sliding door systems using the following steps:
1. Turn the ON/OFF switch for the power sliding door system to be re-initialized to the OFF position.
2. Manually open the power sliding door completely.
3. Manually close and latch the power sliding door.
4. Turn the power sliding door ON/OFF switch to the ON position.
5. Open the power sliding door completely using the B-pillar or overhead console OPEN/CLOSE switch.
6. Close the power sliding door completely using the B-pillar or overhead console OPEN/CLOSE switch.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete