Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I. Took my Chevy 3500 1999 and noticed it was not the same

Customer Question

I. Took my Chevy 3500 1999 and noticed it was not the same vehicle Where can I find or trace to see if the vehicle was switched
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It had 50.000 miles on it when I bought in May it drove like new vehicle I noticed the hoist was a different color and many other things like door were removed because u could tell the difference In color among the way it drives Can I trace part numbers back to vin numbers and were are all vin numbers located
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also added a leaf spring on both rear sides and watched the spring company install it he cut all old hardware off and after taking it in for other work done it came back with old hardware on leaf springs and also drives like it has 160000
Miles on it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 28 days ago.

Can you go into more detail on what you need from me?

Part and serial number search to see if they came with your vin# ***** goes back 10 years.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris