Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

To be honest I dont know anymore at first its was my

Customer Question

To be honest I dont know anymore at first its was my camshaft and I already switched both and my check engine seems to be on still I took it to Oreillys and the error code is still the same one
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: its P0011 I dont have one with me
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Chevy Cobalt 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am. I did an alignment, oil change, plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ANd the changing of both camshafts
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

You replaced both cam shafts? Or camshaft sensors?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced both camshaft sensors
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I dont have all the equipment but I do have a few
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Just more clarification. did you replace the cam sensors or the cam phaser solenoids?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The cam sensors
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

the code is for the position performance. Indicating a problem with the phaser solenoids. These are very common failures