Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

I let my two-year old grandson loose in my car. Now my tire

Customer Question

Hi. I let my two-year old grandson loose in my car. Now my tire sensor pressure button is stuck in "Check tire mode". Apparently, he was pushing a lot of buttons and switches inside the car.
JA: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?
Customer: I used two different gauges. The tire pressure is fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2010 Chevy Tahoe
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. I have only check the tires with different gauges at different times to make sure the tires are ok.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

you need a diagnostic scanner to read the TIPM MODULE FOR TIRES and see what s failing ,if the pressuer is good and the button on dash is not stuck on the light should go out, unless there a a problem with a sensor or module then clearing it with scanner want worked unless repaired but a scan will tell you what sensor it is or if module bad

this system has 4 sensor & one module .usually sensors go bad, make sure the button is not still pressed in .

if no scanner is available you can try reset manually with below procedure

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) AND WASTE YOUR MONEY ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue & you're not wasting your money.

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
The sensors are not bad. Recently had a new tire put on.
This happened immediately after my grandson was playing in the car. So its something he did when he was pushing buttons and playing with the blinker levers.

then it has to be .if the problem was no there and happened after wards .

but doing the disconnect should kill all power to all modules & takes back setting to factory settings ,& fix it hopefully .