Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I have a 2003 chevy malibu. My check engine light kept

Customer Question

I have a 2003 chevy malibu. My check engine light kept coming on about the egr and fuel exhaust. A mechanic erased THE CODES and now nothing is coming up but my car isn't acting correctly. It starts easy, idles well until I turn on my ac fan and shift into gear. Then it idles rough to the point it just stalls. It runs well add long add I don't turn the fan on. I've replaced with new ones...egr, idle control, spark plugs and wires, CLEANED the throttle body plate and checked the wires going to the fan. I'm going crazy over this problem. Please, please help me.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1- you need to check for vacuum leaks ( a smoke test is recommended)

2- Egr tube was it removed off the car and cleaned or he just replaced the egr and sprayed the port of it, a lot of times the tube hard to come out , they prefer not to take it off but if clogged it will cause an idle problem

3- fuel pump pressure was it checked ?

FUEL SPECS

Pressurized Pressure Engine On ............................................................ 59 psi Stabilized Pressure Engine Off............................................................ 52 psi Average PSI beteen Injectors Pressure Drop ....................................................... 1.5 psi

4-if the mechanic looks at the fuel trims reading on scanner it will tell him if the car running rich or lean and that reading will guide him to what to check

5- a compression check also needs checked to be sure and compare readings, since it is a problematic issue & you dont want miss any thing

6- Mass air flow sensor is bad about being defective and NOT throwing a code

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) AND WASTE YOUR MONEY ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue & you're not wasting your money.
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat