Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Just had the bearings replaced in my 2003 Chevrolet 2500 hd

Customer Question

just had the bearings replaced in my 2003 Chevrolet 2500 hd and when it down shifts hard the abs and service brake come on also it happens just out of the blue
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: no leaks and the transmission is the original it has 236745 miles on it but what would that have to do with the abs and service brakes
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I Have had the hub replaced because they were cracked and I thought that would fix the abs problem and it did for a week
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just want to know why the light just comes on and off again
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the lights only seem to be coming on when I coast off the interstate on to an exit or if I am going down hill. The ABS and brake light come on and it says service brakes and now the speedometer goes up and down. So my questions is could it be the instrument cluster because I know for those years they were bad about going out
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help

I assume you have not had it scanned to see which codes are stored?

Does the speedometer issue only occur when the warning lights are on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that only odes it every now and again. I was told there was a brake in the transmission like a jake break and that may cause the problem

These warning lights you have on would not come from internal transmission issues. These lights come on from speed sensors not registering correct. Do you know someone with a scan tool?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I wasn't pleased. You didn't give me answer or possible solution.

For me to give you an answer based on only knowing the lights are on would just be a guess. I would assume you want more than that. Which is why I asked if you knew some one with a scan tool. I can help great once I know the codes.