GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM Chev Cruze Diesel has a notice regarding "Service Side

Customer Question

GM Chev Cruze Diesel has a notice regarding "Service Side Detection System." We pulled the DTC Codes via EFI Live V2 diagnostic tester and did not see any except a ECM P0087 PHX I which has to do with the fuel filter. We are newbies to EFI Live testing so we could have overlooked some. Help...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can see if there are any Service Bulletins?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
VIN: 1G1P75SZ8F7179996 (2015 Chev. Cruze Diesel) Where are the Cross Lane Alert sensors located at. We looked on another model that the alerts are working on and they do not appear to be directly behind the rear wheels in the bumper. This car was repaired in a wreck and 2014 Chev. Cruze Diesel parts were used that did not have the feature.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Error codes provided. Basically it appears to us that we need to determine if the sensor, thus where they are located at, are present and the routing, where the wiring runs are, of the wiring harness for them. We can deal with the airbag issue later..
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No tuning has been preformed on the car...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you working on this issue?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you working on this issue? If not can you hand this off to someone that has the bandwidth to?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is someone going to work on this or is this the kind of help that is normal for this site?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This feature is called a Blind Side Alert now - we think..

Sorry for not responding in a timely manner, I have had some computer and database issues.

Here is a description of the system.

Side Blind Zone Alert System Components

The side blind zone alert system is made up of the following components:

• Left side object sensor module (also used for rear cross traffic alert)
  • Right side object sensor module (also used for rear cross traffic alert)
  • Driver outside rearview mirror
  • Passenger outside rearview mirror

Side Object Sensor Modules

The side object sensor modules are located on each side of the vehicle behind the rear fascia and are not directly visible from outside the vehicle. The sensors use radar to determine the presence of objects nearby. When an object is detected in the side blind zone, the side object sensor module supplies voltage to illuminate the visual indicator on the appropriate side rear view mirror. Each sensor is supplied B+ and ground. The right sensor receives an additional ground. Both sensors communicate independently on the serial data line. The serial data enters the left sensor in a pass-thru configuration, that connects to the right sensor. The scan tool is able to individually communicate with each sensor.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****