Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Will I lose control of my mirrors and adjustable pedals if I

Customer Question

Will I lose control of my mirrors and adjustable pedals if I unplug the main connector on my driver's seat on a 2016 Silverado?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you are unplugging the memory seat module connections this can cause loss of mirror and pedal controls.If you are unplugging just seat motors then you wont lose these controls but the main connection for the seat or any connections at the memory seat module can cause loss of these functions here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If the seat module was replaced will any seat or mirror functions work before it is programmed or does it need to be programmed first?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

It depends.If it came from the same year and model vehicle with the same exact vehicle options they may work but in most all cases the module has to be programmed to your vehicle for all functions to work properly.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete