AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I change front radiator on m'y tahoe 2003 fort one o f2001.

Customer Question

I change front radiator on m'y tahoe 2003 fort one o f2001. I keep thé wiring of 2001.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Ans i have a problème with headlamps
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I look for a wiring diagramme. Fort thé green connector under thef fuse box
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I check all the fuses. I think the wiring of the green connector of 2001 is not the same for a 2003.maybe...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, I just realized your in a different country. I will leave this open for other experts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
U can't answer me because i'm in France. Ridiculous... I have payed for something. Come on...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Send me your VIN and I will see if I can help..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1gnek13t73j236033
Thanks
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

It looks like I do have information on this vehicle. What exactly is your question with the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a problem with my headlights since i change the radiator with the front headlamp wiring from a tahoe 2001. The green connector screwed under the fuse box of this wiring seems to be the same... Drl are OK but no headlamp, hight ans low, and front turn light. Fuses are ok.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Ok, let me do some digging..

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

It looks like the BCM controls the headlamp relay circuit based off of the input from the headlamp switch. You would need to check the signal from the headlamp switch into the BCM and then from the BCM, to the headlamp relay out to the headlamps.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I test headlamp fuses. I have 12 v. So i don t think it s the bcm. Maybe the green harness wiring is not exactly the same for 2001 and 2003.
Fuses are not at the same place in the fuse box.
I look for a wiring diagram of this green connector.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

YES, I would agree. Chances are the problem is between the fuse(s) and the headlamps. Either a wiring issue/harness or connector.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I look for this green connector wiring diagram but nothing on the net. Could you help me to find it ?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

You mean you would like a wiring diagram of this circuit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
a diagram of the green connector...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

My diagram does not show a connector from the fuses to the low beams

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

But you could follow the color wire from each of the fuses to the headlight bulbs.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

For example, the yellow wire goes to the left low beam and the tan/white wire goes to the right low beam bulb

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Here is a wiring diagram

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for diagram.
But i m sure the problem is this green connector coming from a 2001 tahoe. I mean the green connector which is screwed under fuses.
Wires are surely not on good pins for a 2003. That s why l look for a diagram of this damned green connector.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Right, I understand. What I am saying is that there connector on the diagrams I have access to. That is why I am suggesting to just bypass that connector all together and jumper the wires from either side of the connector (going in and coming out of that connector using my wiring diagram I sent). Maybe it is because of country your in unless this is a vehicle that was brought over there but made or manufactured in the U.S. Another reason would be if it is an aftermarket connector. I can also leave this question open for other experts if you would like.. maybe another expert will have access to this information.. but I dont think this will be the case. However these are just some suggestions as I am just trying to help you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for jour help. I 'll try tomorrow to bypass connectors with the diagram.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good