Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

How does this work? I can't seem to get a clip off my break

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: How does this work? I can't seem to get a clip off my break peddle switch pen
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004 Tahoe
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it How much is it?
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: Sorry got disconnected
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 30 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Your trying to remove the brake switch, correct?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
That is correct

On the end of the push rod is a groove that this clip is locked into. You can push this clip off with your fingers or with a screwdriver to disengage it. If you turn the clip you should see an opening on the other side. Let me know if you still have trouble. If so take me another picture from a side view and I can draw you a diagram how to do it. The repair guides have poor images.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 26 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris