Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

My doorlocks work spiatically. somnetimes they

Customer Question

my doorlocks work spiatically. somnetimes they work,sometimes they don't. some do, some don't. seem to unlock and lock in cooler (mornings) weather. remote does not wotk at all. some times after closing the door, thec chime will go off as if I remotely locked the door, but, I have not done anything.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: been happening for at least a year. 125,00o
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 malibu
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took to dealer about a year ago and they said I should replace the actuators. If that was the case, why would they work at times without problems
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With what is described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the body control module itself (BCM).This control unit receives and sends the lock and unlock signals out to the door lock assemblies.It can fail internally causing this issue here and can be intermittent or temp related.It has internal relays inside of it that can fail.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete