GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Matti just rebuilt the engine of my 2001 malibu took it out

Customer Question

Hi Matti just rebuilt the engine of my 2001 malibu took it out yesterrday 1st it keeps overheating i was getting it home and noticed the das gauges all stopped working
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: i had this car getting repaired since july of 2014. just got back on friday yes we checked for leaks we also primed the line
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i had it rebuilt 1st guy took over a year had to send heads back to california. second mechanic found heads were wrong so we got all that straightened out friday driving home the hose blew and she overheated took back to mechanic he repaired hose and bele line
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes checked fuses cant find fuse for dash
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. you need to do a compression test on all cylinders first and foremost.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
im sure the mechanic did that but i cannot find that out till he opens shop in morning
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also what caused the dash to stop working
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
did u read my questions I gave to Matt
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
r u still there
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if t called will there be a additional charge.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello id like to proceed here no one is answering me

anytime you overheat an engine whether or not the heads are new or not, you need to do a compression test.

you said it keeps overheating. you did not say that problem was repaired. thats the priority right now. im not worried about the dash right now

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ill call back when my husband comes back from auto parts store let him talk to u. also why do i have to pay again i just paid for the Free trial $26.00
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He should b back n e minute

i have no control over the costs, im only a tech. i know nothing of how much you are paying. you'll have to contact customer service. i also didnt offer any phone call service. the site does that automatically

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can ask him about the compression test I'm sure that's something he'd be familiar w he just pulled in let me ask

do you know for sure if it was overheating or was the gauge just going up?

checking in to see how its going