Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 1996 Chevy blazer LS 4 x 4. When I push on the

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Chevy blazer LS 4 x 4. When I push on the brake pedal to stop it makes a sound like a ratchet clicking sound then medal grinding sound. The vehicle dose stop and I do have anti-lock brakes. Vin #1GNDT13W2T2187563
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is the noise coming from the brakes at the wheels or from the brake pedal or firewall area?

Is the stopping distance taking to far?

Does it pull left or right while braking?

Will this noise occur when applying the brakes in park or must you be moving to get the noise?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris