sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Have an 2009 H3X and had dealer do the wiring harness recall

Customer Question

Have an 2009 H3X and had dealer do the wiring harness recall and it worked for a few days and now no A/C.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I think so couple of dealers at a loss. At a Chevrolet dealer now and so they say have run up a $300.00 labor charge trying to find trouble.
JA: What is the model of your '09 Chevrolet?
Customer: 2009 H3X Hummer
JA: Are you fixing your H3T yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not I. Read up on it on internet and seems to be A/C clutch. One mechanic who gave up says its blowing fuses.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thats my limited knowledge. Like I say its at the dealer now and they are going through the motions. Just looking for a solution and cool air.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will prevent the a/c from blowing cold. The compressor clutch is a definite possibility. If the compressor is being powered but doesn't engage, or if the clutch fuse blows when it attempts to engage then the issue is with the clutch coil.

Was it your vehicle that is blowing a fuse or one you read about?