Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

2009 chevy express 1500 van handicap lift it randomly does

Customer Question

2009 chevy express 1500 van handicap lift it randomly does not start. put battery in, it did not need it, put starter in, it did not need it. I'm about to cry. It did not start again and I need to transport my brother with it.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: they are fine all check. the codes come back as no issues, no draws on power
JA: Are you fixing your Express 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Carfagno Chevy dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When it does not start AAA tows to Carfagno and when i9t arrives it will start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Can you give some clarification? When it doesnt start can you hear the starter crank the engine? Do you get a click? Or does the starter work and it just doesnt start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
starter is good. I feel a connection is loose. I google an ignition recall keeps coming up
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

So you can hear the starter cranking the engine? Really need this answered to proceed.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.