Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Front ac blower is not coming on. Can feel air flowing, but

Customer Question

Front ac blower is not coming on. Can feel air flowing, but the blower is not coming on. Rear air is fine and cold. Checked 40 A fuse under hood, and appears to be good.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: The main is under the hood. i didn't think there was a 2nd one on this model
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2007 Tahoe
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened. Worked fine this morning. Came out after lunch and it wouldn't come on. Wanted to check obvious issues first. Just checked fuse under hood. Turned the system off and back on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The biggest cause for this fault here is the blower motor resistor/control unit that is located on the heater box under the dash on the passenger side near the blower motor itself.The wires from the blower motor lead to it.GM had even released a bulletin to replace this resistor as well as the connector for it for this issue here.

If you have a test light I can try and walk you through this just let me know.You can also unplug its connector and checked for burned and damaged terminals as this will tell you for sure that it and the connector need replaced.A local dealer and even parts stores in your area carry both due to the common failure of the connector and resistor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I changed the resistor, but the fan still does not come on. The resistor gets hot when the switch is turned on, which tells me the fuse is good. Bad motor?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like bad motor possibly.In some cases you can tap on the bottom of the motor and if it runs when this is done and key on with fan on then this indicates the blower is at fault needing replaced.I can also tell you how to test this if you have a multi meter or test light to test with just let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete