GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Just purchased a 06 HHR, 176K. Love the car but when I drive

Customer Question

Just purchased a 06 HHR, 176K. Love the car but when I drive over bumps or rough road it sounds and feels like "a horse drawn covered wagon"...noisy, thumping, clanking, rattling. Mechanic says "it's got miles on it and there's a screw or something behind the dash causing the rattle." I've researched online and found suggestions to: ***** ***** bar bushings, struts bushings, motor mounts, sway bar end links, stabilizer link, refurbish "big bushings" that attach to sway bar by jamming in more rubber and finally, adjust the front hood stabilizer mounts. Do you actually know what causes this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, all of the above are possibilities... you need to find a mechanic who knows what to look for, not just guess. they need to use an electronic suspension noise detector.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you don't know what is causing it either. I sure hope I'm not being charged for this because I am not satisfied with the answer.

do you realize i am not at your vehicle???????? how in the world do you expect me to tell you what is making a noise on your vehicle?????

all i can do is make suggestions, i cannot hear, smell see, feel, or drive your car....................