Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

2001 Jimmy. Lower brake lights not working, upper center

Customer Question

2001 Jimmy. Lower brake lights not working, upper center works. turn signals work.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Brakes work fine. just the stop lights don't work
JA: Are you fixing your Jimmy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Checked bulbs, checked fuses, checked switch on pedal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have to wiggle the hazard light switch for those to work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is normally in the multi-function switch, (as per the recall that they had on them). But there are some tests that can be done to be sure. Thanks

Defect: On certain sport utility vehicles, the multifunction switch could develop an open circuit condition that results in the stop lamps and the rear hazard lamps becoming inoperative. The center high mounted stop lamp and turn signal functions are not affected. The loss of stop lamps and rear hazard lamps could fail to warn a following driver that the vehicle is braking and/or is stopped, and could result in a crash.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Did you get that?