Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Is this a free service, what is your rate, 2008 equinox,

Customer Question

is this a free service
JA: The Chevy Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: what is your rate
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 equinox
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace the switches on the console , driver side. window is not working. The switch is new, but the power does not travel to the window. Is there a relay between the switch and window motor?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: yes, it has. appr 9600 mi
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that is it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Which switches exactly did you replace?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.