Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

Stabilitrack is off and i need to know the cost to repair

Customer Question

Stabilitrack is off and i need to know the cost to repair and now my engine light just came on and it stays on. I need help
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No not yet tomorrow i will im on a budget
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Pontiac Torrent 09
JA: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing...and no i am not fixing myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Windshield wiper on the left side does not work the right side does
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

Unfortunately, there is no easy, 1-answer, "it's this..." type of answer here. When the Stabiltrak Light comes on, follow by the Check Engine Light, this will be a part or sensor that is both used in the Stabiltrak system and is also monitored by the on-board computer. Unfortunately, there are literally dozens and dozens of sensors included here. However, there is a quick way to find out. You will need to have the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (aka "P-Codes") scanned from the on-board computer. These p-codes will more accurately point to the part or sensor that has the fault and from there an estimate for repair can be made. Good news is, you can have these p-codes read FREE (except in California) at any local "big chain" part store (ie. AutoZone, PepBoys, Advanced, etc).

As for the windshield wiper that does not work- this sounds like it will simply be a loose mounting nut on the wiper arm. At the base of the wiper arm, remove the plastic cap (if equipped) and tighten the nut. This should solve the problem.

I'm sorry I could not be more specific into the problem here, but like I say, there are too many possible causes to take a guess and be correct. Every mechanic's first course of action is going to be to scan those p-codes so they have a starting point.

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.