GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

95 tahao gd fuel ran great hours before. Changed the blower

Customer Question

95 tahao gd fuel ran great hours before. Changed the blower motor unplugged ECM RE INSTALLED HOOKED UP BATTERY STARTED FOR A LITTLE BIT SPUDDERD THEN STALLED STARTED AGAIN WENT 500 YARDS VERY RUFF.THEN QUIT NO SPRK.GOOD FUEL 14 CONSISTENT. DASH CODE FLASHED 12 AND 21 .COULD IT BE THE ECM MOULGUL CAP ALL FAIRLY NEW? ?????
JA: Have you changed a battery before? What confuses you?
Customer: )New
JA: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I've got master as icar gm retired from all of it try to diagnose myshelf
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cleaned the core out. Is it possible that moisture got to the plug end when I plug the ECM ini was pretty causes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 months ago.

hi there, I am Cam.
If I understand you correctly, this all started when you changed your blower motor and it was running perfectly before? And that you unplugged the ECM on top of the heater to get at your blower?

If so then I believe this may be an issue with the ECM or connections. I cannot see how you unplugging the ECM would effect the sensors or such on the engine.
I suggest you pull the ECM out again, double check that in your repair you did not nick a wire or damage a terminal on the connector. Also try tapping on the housing of the ECM with the handle of a screwdriver to see if you can trigger something.

Try this and

And get back to me.