BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

How to service stabilitrak/traction control I'm 2007 Tahoe?

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is no particular way to service this system. If the lights are coming on then the system needs to be scanned for codes. These codes can be retrieved with a scan tool that can read this module. These codes will help to find the issue. These can occur from something as simple as low brake fluid, to as complex as a failing brake control module. What is going on with the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The stabilitrak icon shows in the dash board and the "service traction control system" message shows in the dashboard as the vehicle shifts hard from first to second gear. These messages have been coming on occasionally for about one month gaining frequency as time has progressed. The hard shifting from first to second gear started recently, coinciding with the messages of stabilitrak icon and the service traction control message.