Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Ref. 2000 Astro AWD. If you can reference the correspondence

Customer Question

Ref. http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/7pymr-chevrolet-awd-astro-van-remove-front-drive-shaft-awd.html
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2000 Astro AWD.
JA: Are you fixing your Astro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If you can reference the correspondence from the link I sent you, it might save some time. I have the shaft unbolted and trying to pry it away from the transfer case without anty luck. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm going to put the shaft back together and take it to a mechanic to do this very simple job. Thanks no need to respond to my question.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Below is the removal procedure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auvdgwj9mexzcv4/s-09-11.gif?dl=0

Important: The driveline components in this vehicle are factory system-balanced. System balance provides a smoother running driveline operation. Observe the position of all the driveline components. Accurately mark the relationship of the components before removal. These components include the propeller shafts, the drive axles, the pinion flanges, and the output shafts. All components must be reassembled in the exact relationship to each other as they were before removal. Follow the specifications, the torque values, and any measurements made prior to disassembly in order to maintain the factory system balance.

1. Raise the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
2. Accurately reference mark the propeller shaft to the front axle flange.
3. Remove the bolts from the propeller shaft to the front axle.
4. Remove the propeller shaft.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete