sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a no start situation after doing a full set of

Customer Question

i have a no start situation after doing a full set of injectors. the truck started right after i installed the new injectors, seemed to run fine until i went to take it on a test drive, got onto the highway and got on it and it died and wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes, batteries are only about 6 months old, have checked all connections, seem to be fine, have not seen any rubbed wires, did an ohm test on injectors and everything seemed to be fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2002 silverado 2500hd with 6.6 duramax
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, as i stated before i did an ohm test on the injectors, primed the sytem many times and bled to make sure there was no air,cracked an injector line to make sure i had fuel at the rail, tested to make sure i had power at ficm, im sure there are things im forgetting but thats what i can think of now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Does the starter crank the engine over? Did you use a scanner to place the injector codes in ECM? Do you have security light on dash?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the truck cranks over fine, i have no dtc's, yes i have a security light, everything in the cab works as it would any other time
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Does security light go out after a few seconds or does it stay on? If it stays on try a VTD learn. Document attached

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it goes out after a few seconds
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

can you answer rest of questions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not sure what you mean by answer the rest of the questions?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Did you use a scanner to place the injector codes in ECM?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i was not aware that needed to be done. the injectors i replaced the old ones with had the same numbers, also after i got the new ones installed and primed the fuel system the truck fired up, i let it run for approximately 30 mins, let it sit for an hour, it started right back up, then i went to take it for a test drive and on acceleration it started blowing white smoke and died on me, havent been able to get it started since, i noticed my supply and return lines in the engine bay had been kinked, i bypassed that part of the fuel system by running new lines straight into a can of diesel and still nothing
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Ok. I apologize I thought it said 05. The 02 does not have a glow plug module so you don't do a calibration. The white smoke indicates it is lean. Do you have a scanner that you can monitor FRP?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do not have a scanner to see what the frp is, i have been trying to find one i can borrow as i cant afford to take it to a dealership to have it hooked up. i assumed that the kinked lines might have been the problem that is why i did the fuel can and separate lines but couldnt get anywhere with that either.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

did you bleed it after the fuel can?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

I am going to opt out as I cannot dedicate the time you will need to diagnose this properly

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have a bad injector. The white smoke you saw was from fuel leaving the engine unburned. The reason the engine cranks but doesn't start is one or more injectors are either returning excessive fuel or fuel is leaking into combustion chambers while cranking. If the system isn't sealed then it will prevent fuel rail pressure from climbing high enough while cranking for the injectors to be turned on.