GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Working on a 93 S10 Blazer 4.3 L. The AC blower quit. I

Customer Question

Working on a 93 S10 Blazer 4.3 L. The AC blower quit. I replaced it about 4 years ago and was real surprised that it had failed. Having a working knowledge off DC Motors that have a bush commutator. I used a ball pean hammer and tapped many times lightly trying to get it to advance slightly and take off but with no results. I also removed the rubber elbow that I assume is used to cool the motor and a small stick to advance the armature again with nothing, I measured voltage at the positive connection of the blower motor and frame negative right where it attaches tho the blower motor and it read 14.3 volts, I then replaced the motor and It still dosent run. I measured voltage with the AC off and it was 0. here is where I decided get stupid with it and with the AC back in and measuring 14 volts I jumperd from the positive position wire of the motor and tried to draw an ark against the negative post of the battery with no ark. All my electrical theory is blown now ????
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David. you are getting way to theoretical my friend. dont over analyse this. all ow me a moment to pull up some things.

did you even check the blower relay?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not....I know where the fuel pump relay is and I think right next to it is the where the oil sending unit will shut down the fuel pump. Is It that same type small square relay and I know there is one that stands alone passenger side firewall motor compartment side.

let me send you a diagram

see if this helps. check the fuses too.

Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

just checking in to see how its going