Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

P2101 code, p2101 yes tried to reset it, 2006 chevy

Customer Question

p2101 code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p2101 yes tried to reset it
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 chevy colorado
JA: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes replaced throttle body
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code leads to either a short in the wiring to the throttle actuator,the throttle body itself (in this case yours has been replaced already) or the PCM (engine and transmission computer at fault).

In most cases when the throttle body is replaced and the issue has not been corrected it is either a fault with a loose connection at the throttle body with bent open pins in the connector needing re bent or replaced or a wiring fault leading from the PCM to the throttle body.This needs inspected closely.

If you would like I can post the entire diagnostic procedure on this as well as the wiring diagram for the throttle actuator control just let me know if this is something you would like me to do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete