GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Looking to put air on my silverado 2011 so my better half

Customer Question

looking to put air on my silverado 2011 so my better half get in easier and ride, 20" wheels with nerf bars
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
lower and raise back up?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The best solution is a custom made setup. I have not tried an out of the box kit that works properly. I always end up making it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I enjoy working on My vechical I am 67 and work on dozen of vech, Not sure if air is the right way to go, not sure what you mean by making it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
changing shocks & struts no problem, brakes done many
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I hear the newer cars have air ride
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

here is a decent system. I have used. This is a partial kit. You need to remove most of your springs so it will squat. Mount an on board compressor and a control systemhttp://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/Chevy/Silverado/111A50469A50614A0A115A2690A1.aspx

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no thank you is this the firestone kit?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

I will opt out and see if anybody else has suggestions

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
or is it the air lift kit. i don't see the serial #