TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

Chevy Impala LS, 2010 A month ago had Premium ceramic pad

Customer Question

Chevy Impala LS, 2010
A month ago had Premium ceramic pad R&R rotors which also included replace grease seals and clean/repack wheel bearings where applicable and or needed. Vehicle road tested to certify breaking capacity.
Now making a "whoop, whoop" sound, sometimes when driving around town at lower speeds or when braking.
I have a Lifetime warranty on break pads and a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on other parts and labor. Could the ceramic pads be doing this or do I need to take it in to have them look at it. I am due this month for inspection. I don't want to be shocked with the cost of things as I am retired and on a fixed income. The mechanic said everything else looked good. Thank you
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 5 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. There are some questions I'd like to ask. Did this sound start immediately after you had the brakes replaced? does the noise change on brake pedal apply? Did the rotors get resurfaced or replaced? That sound is generally from a couple things. It could be poor resurfacing of the rotors, a backing plate that was bent and is now rubbing on the rotor, or it could also be an issue with the tires. I would recommend taking this to a GM dealer. A thorough brake inspection is usually very minimal in pricing and a lot of GM dealers offer discounts and / or coupons for this type of inspection. I really hope this helped and please let me know if I can help you in the future.