Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's

02 trail blazer put new fuel pump assembly in put tank back

Customer Question

02 trail blazer put new fuel pump assembly in put tank back in service light comes on codepo446 comes up before removel all was fine exceped fuel gage did not work
JA: Has your car been stalling?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just lines and connections realy
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

ok based on the code, either the vent valve is faulty (coincidence) or a evap line was pinched when the tank was reinstalled. you will need to check the lines from the fuel tank to the evap canister to see what the issue is. hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions about this, i am not sure if you know what the evap system is or are doing the work yourself. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

here is the fault code description