Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2000 Blazer that has started to shift it's transfer

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Blazer that has started to shift it's transfer case from 2 Hi to 4 Hi/Lo on it's own. I cleaned up some green connections at the TCCM and it seems better. It still pitches a fit irregularly. The shift motor always performs and I can get it back to 2 Hi. To keep it in 2 Hi at these times I have to hold the 2 Hi button in. Is this a sign of a failing TCCM?
Rick Peters
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

most of the time yes this is a sign of a failing TCCM especially with green terminals at some of the terminals at the TCCM

if you cleaned them up and used some dielectric grease on the terminals and it still does this then the next step would be to replace the TCCM

if it was not shifting at all or was stuck in a shift so to say then usually the encoder motor is bad on the transfer case

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.