GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Wont start, have narrowed it down to no gnd at fuel pump,

Customer Question

wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: have narrowed it down to no gnd at fuel pump
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: initially thought that was the problem with no sound, replaced fuel pump, fuse panel, did the security by pass
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 8/99 trailblazer 4dr, 4wheel dr
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if i jumper reference gnd to pump gnd at the connector i can get fuel to schrader valve but still no start, if i spray accelerant into throttle will start, read previous
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thought i was talking to one
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

It says payment failure. You may have to add money to your just answer account