GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

It runs but no power, then dies, unplug one injector and

Customer Question

it runs but no power, then dies, unplug one injector and plug it in and runs good for 30 seconds, the no power and sounds rough
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2005 chev gmc
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have tried nothing have to go get it its 60 miles from home,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: engine light is on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!