Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Im having a stall issue have to prime filter but no leaks

Customer Question

im having a stall issue have to prime filter but no leaks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

once you prime the filter it will run fine ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it runs for anywhere from 5 to ten minutes then misses and dies hard to restart ive changed the lift pump the pick up and sender ops cps ip pmd and replaced all the fuel lines from the filter to the pump and returns no codes have added grounds from the engine to frame and engine to body have replaced the resistors for the pmd and have checked the harness for chafing and everything
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

if you run a fuel line form the pump to a 5 gallon gas can of diesel fuel will it still die out ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i havent tried that are you refering to the return line on top of the injection pump or from the lift pump
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

form the lift pump

bypass everything to the pump with a rubber fuel line into a 5 gallon of fuel

if it still does this the odds are there is an internal failure going on inside of the pump for the optic cam sensor which is not serviced and is part of the pump

if it will not do this with that set up then there is an issue with that fuel feed line or return from the pump to the tank

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
will a leak in the return line cause an issue like this
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

not usually but one restricted or plugged will cause this type of issue

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok ill go check for restrictions right now
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

if thats good do the fuel line thing i said