Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have a code 44 on a 93 chevy C1500 4.3 liter. I was on the

Customer Question

I have a code 44 on a 93 chevy C1500 4.3 liter. I was on the way home and hit a rough set of rail road tracks the truck started running rough and acting like the transmission was slipping. I have tested the ignition coil and the pick up module the distributor is turning and does not appear to be damaged. I read a few forums and tried also unplugging the MAP sensor still runs but when you put the engine under load same issue stumbles and stalls out. Help!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello Jeff, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

If you install a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel system dose the pressure hold at 10 - 13 PSI and and hold when you turn the key off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was getting ready to try that here in a few the tank is full (30+ gallons ) so I didn't want to waste time if I was on the wrong track
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

I would sure start there if it was me. This is a lean code and usually sets due to a fuel pressure concern. Check the running pressure and then shut the engine off and see if the pressure holds to at least 10 LBS. If it drops off right away and or dose not read at least 10 PSI then the pump is likely failing providing the fuel filter is clear. The fuel test will verify. Check it and let me know the results and we can work from there if need be.